It is our wish that your wedding day will be a memorable and enjoyable occasion as
you set out on your wonderful journey together.
We hope that this page will be of help to you as you plan ahead to your big day.
When getting married you have to meet two sets of requirements: (a) the requirements
of the Catholic Church (b) the civil requirements of the state law.
Getting Married in the Catholic Church
1. Contact the Priest This should be done at least six months before the proposed
date of the wedding.
2. Book the Marriage Preparation Course You are advised to book the Pre-Marriage Course
at least six months ahead of the wedding day.
3. Obtain Required Documentation This includes Certificates of Baptism and Confirmation,
Letters of Freedom etc 4. Complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form This normally involves
a visit to your own parish priest.
5. Different Forms of Marriage Ceremony You can choose to celebrate your Marriage
Ceremony as part of a Nuptial Mass or you can choose to celebrate your Marriage Ceremony
The Civil Requirements
Under the new Civil Registration Act couples are obliged to take full responsibility
for the civil registration of their marriage.
1. Meeting the Civil Registrar You must make an appointment to meet the Civil Registrar
at least three months before the date of the wedding.
2. The Marriage Registration Form (MRF) Without this Form you you cannot get married
nor can the priest proceed with the marriage ceremony.
3. Declaration of No Civil Impediment
ACCORD Pre-Marriage Courses
Accord Sligo (071) 914 5641
Accord Cavan (049) 437 5004
There is no ACCORD centre in Co Leitrim.
The following is the schedule of Pre-Marriage Courses for 2018:
26th & 27th January
23rd & 24th February
9th & 10th March
20th & 21st April
5th & 6th October
2nd & 3rd November
Dates for 2019:
25th & 26th January
22nd & 23rd February
8th & 9th March
26th & 27th April
4th & 5th October
8th & 9th November
These courses are held in the Kilmore Diocesan Pastoral Centre Cullies Cavan