It is our wish that your wedding day will be a memorable and enjoyable occasion as
you set out on your wonderful journey together.
We hope that this page will be of help to you as you plan ahead to your big day.
When getting married you have to meet two sets of requirements: (a) the requirements
of the Catholic Church (b) the civil requirements of the state law.
Getting Married in the Catholic Church
1. Contact the Priest This should be done at least six months before the proposed
date of the wedding.
2. Book the Marriage Preparation Course You are advised to book the Pre-Marriage Course
at least six months ahead of the wedding day.
3. Obtain Required Documentation This includes Certificates of Baptism and Confirmation,
Letters of Freedom etc 4. Complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form This normally involves
a visit to your own parish priest.
5. Different Forms of Marriage Ceremony You can choose to celebrate your Marriage
Ceremony as part of a Nuptial Mass or you can choose to celebrate your Marriage Ceremony
The Civil Requirements
Under the new Civil Registration Act couples are obliged to take full responsibility
for the civil registration of their marriage.
1. Meeting the Civil Registrar You must make an appointment to meet the Civil Registrar
at least three months before the date of the wedding.
2. The Marriage Registration Form (MRF) Without this Form you you cannot get married
nor can the priest proceed with the marriage ceremony.
3. Declaration of No Civil Impediment
ACCORD Pre-Marriage Courses
Accord Sligo (071) 914 5641
Accord Cavan (049) 437 5004
There is no ACCORD centre in Co Leitrim.
Cavan ACCORD Courses for 2012 & 2013
12th/13th October 2012
8th/9th February 2013 8th/9th March 2013
19th/20th April 2013
11th/12th October 2013
These courses are held in the Kilmore Diocesan Pastoral Centre Cullies Cavan